Why join us?
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Because our people determine our success, not everyone makes the cut. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. With our track record of uninterrupted growth, our people play a central role in what Mazars and our clients do next. We expect your contribution and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice
Mazars is a different player in audit, accounting, tax and advisory services. We are innovative and work with Multi-disciplinary and integrated teams. We act as a hands-on partner to our customers and focus on their agenda. Every solution we propose is tailored to our clients’ needs and we offer them individual and practical support to offer true added value. The successful candidate for this role will manage (senior) audit team members from an operational, budget and technical point of view (from A to Z) including reporting to partners.
About the job
- Business development on existing (and new) clients as well as new projects/services development.
- Coaching and supervision of junior members of the audit team as well as technical assistance to them, including project an entity wide performance assessments.
- Understanding risks and monitoring processes of our clients.
- Mapping of business and audit risks within the audit universe and consequential construction of relevant audit strategy.
- Client relationship management, including preparation and presentation of our reporting.
- Contribution to Mazars-wide planning activities and technical working groups.
- Overall review of audit processes and procedures – in compliance with ISAs – and forming of specific conclusions and drafting opinions.
- Overall appraisal of financial statements in light of executed procedures and resulting findings and inlight of (entity specific) regulatory requirements (IFRSs, laws…).
- Advanced financial analysis – historical and predictive – considering budgets and operational data, including key performance indicators.
- Internal risk management including compliance to ISQC1.
- Process mining and advanced data analysis and data mining related to accounts, registries and portfolio.
- Following up on time sheets of members of the audit team.
- Contribution to advisory projects in function of capacities and particular interests.
- Forensic insight to look at a set of financials or other processes from any perspective and direction in order to find crative ways of establishing facts.
- Execution of ad-hoc assurance and other related jobs.
- Master or Bachelor degree in (Commercial) Engineering, (Applied) Economic Sciences, Mathematics, Law….
- Being in the process of becoming a certified auditor.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Speak and writes at least 2 of the following languages fluently: Dutch, French, English.
- Interest in financial analytics.
- Attention to detail.
- Can quickly get up to speed with Microsoft and other relevant programmes.
- Team spirit: Act as an intermediary between Senior Management and Junior staff
- Leadership: Detects talents, contributes to change and mobilises teams.
- Building Client Relationships: Offers customized client solutions.
- Business Development: Takes initiatives to build new client relationships; understands Mazars network and client base.
- Technical Excellence: Contributes to the firm’s know-how and manages risks.
- Managing for results: Allocates resources and sets objectives, while mitigating conflict.
- Intensive training through internal training sessions and specialized courses combined with an on-the-job training.
- A varied job with significant career opportunities and a working environment where personal development is encouraged.
- A dynamic and pleasant work environment.
- Opportunity to obtain the qualification of a certified auditor.
- An attractive salary and benefits package, which you can individualise:
- Car or mobility budget
- Cafeteria plan where you have the possibility to opt for a leasing bicycle, additional leave days, etc.
How to apply?
Please send your cv and application letter to email@example.com