Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 100 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 47,000 professionals to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars is seeking – a dynamic and highly motivated Financial Controller to join our team and collaborate closely with the Finance Partner at Mazars Belgium.
With the ongoing growth of Mazars Belgium, we are seeking for individual to strengthen our financial infrastructure and streamline our financial processes.
As Financial Controller will play a pivotal role in driving the transformation of the finance department at Mazars Belgium, benefiting from both local and Mazars Group support.
· Take a proactive approach in improving and preparing (analytical) financial reports on activities, overheads and cash flow in the format required by Belgium and the Group.
· Conduct thorough reviews of periodic financial closings and perform in-depth profitability analysis.
· Participate in the budget preparation process and conduct variance analysis
· Collaborate closely with the accounting team and provide recommendations aimed at establishing more effective processes and controls, ensuring the integrity of financial reporting and ledger.
· Contribute to the steering of Belgium’s overall performance through financial insights and expertise.
· Offer valuable input during the preparation and presentation of the financial position to management, providing insightful analysis on variances and key risks. This includes analyzing and challenging performance indicators, anticipating changes in indicators, and preparing financial forecasts.
· A Master’s degree and/or 5 to 10 years of experience in accounting/finance.
· Profound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and strong data analytical skills.
· Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills, ensuring timely deliverables.
· Practical, hands-on experience in the preparation of financial reports would be a valuable asset.
· Strong communication skills, with fluency in Dutch/French and English.
· Self-motivated, proactive, open-minded, and a team player with the ability to work independently.