Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 42,000 professionals to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
As Mazars is constantly growing, we are looking for a passionate Junior Accountant to help write our story and strengthen our offices in Ghent or Brussels. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the accounting team and will collaborate with senior members of this team.
Key responsibilities :
- You will be responsible for our clients’ day-to-day accounting;
- You will answer all our clients’ questions on accounting-related matters;
- You will advise your team and other departments on the best approach to adopt for each case;
- You will ensure that the accounts are closed correctly and you will prepare prepare the annual accounts;
- You will be responsible for reporting and preparing VAT returns.
About you :
- You have a university degree with a specialisation in accounting;
- You have a keen interest in and passion for accounting;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English or French;
- You enjoy working independently and have a sense of responsibility;
- You are familiar with the use of various software programmes;
- You are a team player and feel at home in an open working culture.
Our offer :
- An intensive training through our Accountancy Academy to fast track your career
- The ideal springboard to launch your career with a continuous learning process in groups or individually;
- The opportunity to become a certified accountant and tax advisor;
- A flexible, hybrid working environment where you can develop your professional ambitions and aspirations;
- A position in a fast-growing company with career opportunities and international contacts;
- An attractive remuneration and benefits package that you can personalise: company car or mobility budget, a cafeteria plan where you can opt for a leased bike, extra days off, etc.
Mazars believes in equal opportunities. All decisions made during the recruitment and employment are based on merit, skill and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender identification, illness, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or any other status protected under national or local laws.