Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 42,000 professionals to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Are you passionate about sustainability and seeking an exciting opportunity to make a difference? Join Mazars, a global leader in audit, tax, and advisory services, as our Sustainability Director. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to lead our Sustainability team, driving business development and building strong client relationships.
- As the Sustainability Director, you will be responsible for leading and bring your expertise and leadership to drive our team and impactful changes;
- By staying updated on current ESG challenges and regulatory frameworks, you will understand our clients’ needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them. You will play a crucial role in expanding our client base and ensuring the long-term success of our sustainability services;
- Your sharp eye for regulatory changes and quick, efficient action will help our clients navigate evolving sustainability landscapes. You will provide timely guidance and ensure our clients stay ahead of regulatory requirements;
- With a strong understanding of the sustainability challenges our clients face, you will take a key role in our Sustainability team focusing on sustainability strategy, ESG gap assessments, materiality assessments, ESG data collection and automation, and sustainability reporting according to latest standards.
- You will model and interpret risks, evaluating their potential impact on client companies. By doing so, you will help our clients proactively identify and address sustainability risks, safeguarding their long-term success;
- Driving improvements in data collection and reporting, ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, and stakeholder expectations. With your expertise, we can enhance transparency and accountability in sustainability reporting;
- Contributing to the growth and development of the Mazars practice, you will actively coach and mentor consultants, providing feedback and support to help them flourish in their roles.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., sustainability, environmental science, business management);
- 7+ years experience in sustainability consulting, corporate sustainability, assurance or related roles;
- You are a certified Auditor (IBR/IRE) in Belgium;
- Strong knowledge of ESG frameworks (CSRD, EU Taxonomy, SFDR,…) and sustainability reporting standards;
- Proven track record in business development and building strong client relationships;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to model and interpret risks effectively;
- Excellent career opportunities and growth potential;
- A supportive and encouraging work environment that values initiative and personal development;
- Positive and flexible working environment where personal development and a healthy work-life balance are encouraged;
- A competitive salary with a benefit package including a company car with fuel card/mobility budget, insurances, net allowances, and ect.