You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Because our people determine our success, not everyone makes the cut. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. With our track record of uninterrupted growth, our people play a central role in what Mazars and our clients do next. We expect your contribution and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too.
Mazars, the smart choice
About the job
As a VAT manager, you will advise and assist large and middle large companies on national and international VAT matters. You will be involved in the supervision of the VAT compliance services (including request of foreign VAT refund) for both national and international clients as well as in the recurring VAT advise on VAT structuring and optimization. You will assist clients with VAT audits and help with cross-border VAT cases. On top of this, you will also be actively involved in M&A assignments for which VAT is part of the scope.
You will be in charge of the supervision and coordination of the junior members of the VAT team. You will be the intermediary between the junior members and tax partner.
As a member of a growing VAT team, you will also act as trusted intermediary between our clients and other Mazars colleagues from our tax and accounting department.
• A master of bachelor degree in law or in economics with a post-graduate qualification in tax law
• Fluent communication skills in Dutch, French and English
• A 4 to 6 year work experience in a tax advisory firm or with the tax authorities.
• Specialist knowledge and selling skills on International VAT is a valuable asset.
• You are highly motivated, you have excellent communication skills and you are looking for opportunities to exceed expectations and take ownership of projects assigned to you
• You have an open and creative mind and you are keen to work and take the lead of your cross line of service client team.
- An intensive training through internal training sessions and specialized courses.
- A varied function in a growing company with career opportunities and international contacts, whilst working from home or our brand new Ghent office.
- A dynamic work environment.
- The possibility for you to obtain the qualification of Certified Tax Advisor and/or Accountant through the Institute of Public Accounts and Tax Consultants.
- An attractive salary and benefits package, which you can individualize:
- Car or mobility budget
- Cafeteria plan where you have the possibility to opt for a leasing bicycle, additional leave days, etc.
Will you become our new VAT expert?
Do you have additional questions?
Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org