We wish to appoint a Financial Controller, in our Finance department, in Athens.
For the right candidate, the position offers excellent advancement opportunities.
- Responsible for business partner support, management reporting, business planning and forecasting, variance analysis and cash flow management
- Regular as well as ad-hoc analysis of financial and operational business performance to give clear insights to management and finance stakeholders
- Work with and challenge Service Lines to ensure that revenues are accurate and in line with sales forecasts and delivery of projects
- Follow up on outstanding account receivables
- Preparation of annual budget in cooperation with the Board of Directors
- Establish close engagement with the systems team to ensure accounting and reporting is appropriately supported
- Overview of monthly; quarterly and annual closing activities
- Set-up and monitor all financial and operational controls and metrics within the organization
- Communication and report to Mazars Group
- Communication with auditors, banks, tax and other authorities
- Preparation of the Annual Financial statements
- BSc in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration (MSc will be considered an asset)
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Advanced MS Office skills (especially Excel & Power Query)
- Experience in working with industry standard ERP’s (preferably SoftOne)
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- Fluent in English
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent organizational and planning capabilities
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services*. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 44,000 professionals – 28,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000+ via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development. *Where permitted under applicable country laws
All applications will be treated with confidentiality and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Competitive remuneration package
This includes your basic salary, travel expenses and other benefits according to the position.
Flexible working scheme, sick leave, parental leave, disability, holidays, and reset/wellbeing days.
Private health insurance & wellbeing
Private insurance for employees and dependents, Onsite wellness activities.
Community and personal development
Providing room and opportunities to grow – on your own and with your teammates, continuous training.