We wish to appoint an Assistant Accountant, in our Outsourcing Service Line, in Athens.
The role offers the opportunity to work with clients in various sectors.
For the right candidate, the position offers excellent advancement opportunities.
- Working as part of the Outsourcing team to deliver high quality services to clients, within set timescales
- Raising the profile of the firm by ensuring clients are fully satisfied by the service and support they receive.
- Being part of a team of expert advisors who build bespoke solutions according to clients’ needs, from preparing annual statutory accounts to a more comprehensive management reporting solution
- Monthly statutory bookkeeping for a diverse client portfolio
- Reconciling of accounts with supporting documentation and preparing of monthly working papers
- Processing of payments and billing within expected time periods
- Dully reporting in a timely and accurate manner to client queries
- Ensuring that all documents are posted and digitally filed properly
- Providing support during external statutory audits
- Participation in year-end closing processes
- Participation in the preparation of monthly and yearly management reports
- Participation in the preparation of annual Greek GAAP/IFRS financial statements
- BSc in Accounting, Economics, Finance or relevant field (MSc will be considered as a plus)
- Up to 2 years of working experience in performing general accounting transactions and preparing management and statutory accounts
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualifications (completed or in progress) will be considered as a plus
- Experience in the preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Solid knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, finance, tax principles
- Strong numerical skills
- Experience in working with industry standard ERP’s (preferably SoftOne)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm and/or client
- Good written and verbal communication skills both in Greek and English
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services*. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 42,000 professionals – 26,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000+ via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development. *Where permitted under applicable country laws
All applications will be treated with confidentiality and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Competitive remuneration package
This includes your basic salary, travel expenses and other benefits according to the position.
Flexible working scheme, sick leave, parental leave, disability, holidays, and reset/wellbeing days.
Private health insurance & wellbeing
Private insurance for employees and dependents, Onsite wellness activities.
Community and personal development
Providing room and opportunities to grow – on your own and with your teammates, continuous training.