We wish to appoint a Senior Advisor, in our Banking / Quantitative Risk Management Advisory team, in our office in Athens.
Our Quantitative Risk Management Advisory team is client oriented, providing credit risk model development & validation services, stress testing support, programming, and quantitative analysis.
The candidate will work in a professional environment with strong team spirit, participate in interesting, innovative, and challenging projects in Greece and abroad, and develop into a highly qualified professional. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Mazars in Greece.
- BSc in Mathematics, Physics, Risk Management, Engineering, Statistics, Econometrics or other related field with strong quantitative focus (MSc will be considered a plus)
- Other certification in risk management (e.g., PRM) will be considered an asset
- At least 3 years of working experience in financial risk management advisory, in quantitative credit risk modeling techniques with focus in credit risk model development /validation (e.g. estimation of PDs, LGDs, CCF, Cure rates, IFRS9 ECL, Stress testing, EWS, Climate and ESG risks incorporation in Credit Risk)
- Strong numerical and programming skills (R, Python, SQL, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB or STATA)
- Sound understanding of data structures and excellent command of data transformations
- Previous experience or knowledge in advanced statistical, artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques will be considered as an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Good knowledge of banking products
- Good understanding of the regulatory requirements for credit risk (BIS, IFRS 9, EBA guidelines)
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in both Greek and English
- Ability / flexibility to travel and work abroad for international projects
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services*. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 44,000 professionals – 28,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000+ via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development. *Where permitted under applicable country laws
All applications will be treated with confidentiality and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Competitive remuneration package
This includes your basic salary, travel expenses and other benefits according to the position.
Flexible working scheme, sick leave, parental leave, disability, holidays, and reset/wellbeing days.
Private health insurance & wellbeing
Private insurance for employees and dependents, Onsite wellness activities.
Community and personal development
Providing room and opportunities to grow – on your own and with your teammates, continuous training.