We wish to appoint a Senior Tax Accountant, in our Tax Services team, in Athens.
For the right candidate, the position offers excellent advancement opportunities.
- Preparation of tax declarations and scenarios
- Review of clients accounting books for identification of tax risks
- Growing team members through effective delegation and providing feedback
- Researching new and existing legislation, including providing technical analysis on the impact that this may have on clients
- Preparing tax proposals, memos and reports for review
- Liaising with clients, intermediaries (being banks, lawyers or financial advisors, auditors), and colleagues throughout engagements
- Maintaining an up-to-date technical knowledge of personal tax and business tax matters
- BSc in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration (MSc will be considered an asset)
- 3-5 years of working experience in a medium/ large practice environment (preferably multinational or audit firm)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and tax legislation
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning capabilities
- Strong technical background
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent computer-literacy skills
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services*. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 44,000 professionals – 28,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000+ via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development. *Where permitted under applicable country laws
All applications will be treated with confidentiality and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Competitive remuneration package
This includes your basic salary, travel expenses and other benefits according to the position.
Flexible working scheme, sick leave, parental leave, disability, holidays, and reset/wellbeing days.
Private health insurance & wellbeing
Private insurance for employees and dependents, Onsite wellness activities.
Community and personal development
Providing room and opportunities to grow – on your own and with your teammates, continuous training.