Tax Advisory Services- Assistant Manager
Full job description
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services. Operating in 91 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint a Tax Assistant Manager, in our Tax Advisory team, in Athens.
For the right candidate, the position offers excellent advancement opportunities.
- Provision of high level technical and tax advice to clients, working as necessary with senior members of the team and the Tax Director.
- Researching new and existing legislation
- Reviewing tax advisory letters, proposals, memos and reports
- Liaising with the advisory team and clients, intermediaries (being banks, lawyers or financial advisors), and colleagues throughout advisory engagements
- Monitoring of key clients and assure the quality of the deliverables
- Maintaining a strong technical knowledge in respect of all taxes.
- Sharing knowledge with junior and senior members of the team
- Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of tax planning opportunities.
- Dealing with ad hoc client advisory and planning issues
- BSc in Law (LLM in Tax and/or ADIT will be considered an asset)
- 5-7 years of working experience in a medium/ large practice environment (preferably audit firm or law firm with tax advisory department)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, tax and labor legislation
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning capabilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent computer-literacy skills
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated with confidentiality.