Tax Compliance – Assistant
Full job description
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specializing in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax services. Operating in 89 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals – 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients at every stage in their development.
We wish to appoint a Tax Assistant, in our Tax Compliance team, in Athens.
For the right candidate, the position offers excellent advancement opportunities.
- Working with more senior members of the Tax Compliance team
- Researching new and existing tax legislation and inform the Clients accordingly
- Preparing and submit all tax returns (related to withholding taxes, VAT, CIT, quarterly list of contracts)
- Liaising with the tax compliance team and clients, intermediaries (being banks, lawyers, financial advisors) and/or the Tax Authority, and colleagues throughout tax compliance engagements
- BSc in Accounting (Certificate in Tax and/or ADIT will be considered an asset)
- 1-3 years of working experience in a medium/ large practice environment (preferably accounting or audit firm with tax compliance department)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and tax legislation
- Fluent English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning capabilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent computer-literacy skills
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality and in compliance to personal data privacy regulatory requirements.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.