Main duties & Responsibilities:
A core requirement is that the candidate will have the experience, knowledge and confidence required to take a significant role in transactions with relatively little supervision.
- take a significant role in running transaction processes, typically with a portfolio of assignments at any one time
- manage bidders, lenders, vendors etc… depending on the process
- take responsibility for producing key transaction outputs – e.g. modelling analysis, information memoranda, investment committee analysis, and present these appropriately to clients
- provide support to more senior team members across financial / commercial commentary on SPAs, facility agreements and project documentation and transaction negotiations
- ensure that projects are managed in accordance with Mazars’ quality and risk procedures
- ensure budget is set and managed, with appropriate financial management on the jobs
- develop market intelligence and sector knowledge to prepare for new deal opportunities and pitches
- work directly on proposals for new opportunities and help to convert these
- build strong rapport with both existing and target clients and key market constituents
- support the team in marketing activity as well as building own market profile
- build an internal network within Mazars (both in the CEE region and with the Global Infrastructure Finance team), to maximise the value we bring to clients and opportunities for the firm as a whole
- track record of executing infrastructure or energy deals, with at least 4-5 years of experience in a comparable organisation – this could be advisory experience, investment experience or lending experience
- sector expertise in at least one of social infrastructure, transport and energy
- detailed knowledge of project finance markets and principles of financial analysis and valuation required, knowledge of project finance modelling and the ability to analyse and adapt complex financial models
- adept at problem solving and proven ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- first class organisational and time management skills
- confident team player with a proven ability to build constructive professional relationships at all levels.
- proven commercial and business judgement skills
- strong verbal and written communication skills in Polish, English and potentially in a third language, incorporating presentation skills and the use of Word and PowerPoint
- financial qualification (MBA, CFA or equivalent, or an accounting qualification) would be an advantage, but not a pre-requisite
What we offer:
- contract based on employment contract or B2B
- possibility to have an hybrid work model up to 2 days per week
- further potential career perspectives within Mazars in Poland, in CEE region and worldwide.
- friendly atmosphere and comfortable working in an international environment.
- opportunity to join Mazars (one of the leading advisory firms worldwide), as part of the new Mazars Global Infrastructure Finance (GIF) team covering Central & Eastern Europe to be developed in Warsaw (Poland)
- participation in various transaction advisory-related projects in Poland and Central & Eastern Europe
- opportunity to broaden your professional sectoral experience with reputable international and Polish strategic clients active in Energy, Renewables (photovoltaics, windfarms, hydrogen…) and Infrastructure
- further build your expert competences and decide in which field to specialize (Modelling & Valuation, Project Finance)
- daily operational interactions with the global GIF team, one of the leading financial modelling firms in the project finance market worldwide. It focuses on providing comprehensive insight to bidders and investors as to the scoping, structuring, and allocation of risk in projects so as to make them robust and enduring investments
- access to high-level sectoral trainings provided by GIF, as well as to modern e-learning platforms improving technical and soft skills
Mazars has a global Energy and Infrastructure team comprising of more than 200+ professionals operating in multiple locations including London (UK), New York (USA), Paris (France), New Delhi (India), Johannesburg (South Africa) and Sydney (Australia), and we are looking to establish a new sector team for Central & Eastern Europe in Warsaw (Poland) to support our clients in developing, investing and operating in the region. As part of the focus on CEE, we are looking for a Manager or Senior Manager who is experienced in the sector to help support and manage engagements for the Modelling, Valuations and Advisory team.
The team work across all of the Energy and Infrastructure sector, with about 60% of our activity in the Renewables sector and 25% in economic infrastructure and we expect this split to continue into the future.