As a compliance manager, you’re responsible for ensuring the company complies with its outside regulatory requirements and internal policies. In short, you are responsible for making sure that Mazars is fully compliant to rules and regulations in all relevant areas, such as acceptance, KYC, AML, risk and quality management.
Within Mazars this is a new role that will centralize these activities, already happening within different departments.
As a new function within the organization, this role offers perspectives of growth, flexibility in designing and building the role further under the sponsorship of the executive board, and would offer opportunities for professional certifications in the area.
Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business management or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in risk management, regulatory and/or compliance role
- Experience in implementing a comprehensive compliance program, ISO 27001 experience is nice to have
- Experience with initiating, developing, implementing and maintaining written policies and procedures, testing and risk assessment programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk management controls, internal control processes
- Experience in driving compliance and operational controls applicable to economic sanctions, anti-money laundering, privacy, conflicts of interest, code of conduct, data management
- Experience in overseeing internal and external audits is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills – able to recognize and evaluate problems, then identify potential solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with advanced Romanian and English skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple demands/projects and meet deadlines
- Responsible for implementing and supervising observance of compliance aspects within Mazars in Romania.
- Reviews Mazars’ procedures and processes for compliance and improvement purposes.
- Monitors regulatory developments relevant to the sectors in which the company activates and identifies areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; contributes to development of new policies / amendment of existing policies to address new compliance issues.
- Develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Ensures client acceptance assessments are consistently applied by all lines of service within Mazars and contributes to clarifying potential client acceptance / engagement acceptance issues, along with the country Acceptance Officer and/or Risk Manager; monitors compliance with AML regulations applicable for Mazars operating industry.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., HR, Marketing, Finance etc.) and with external legal advisers to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Independently reviewing and evaluating to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately resolved.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others (as appropriate) to develop an effective compliance-training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees, as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Provides executive leadership team with ongoing advice, consultation and guidance on all matters that pertain to compliance and risk management issues.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with managers, executive leadership and appropriate staff for the purposes of achieving and sustaining compliance program goals and objectives.
- Supports in preparation of reports / materials that are required for compliance or regulatory purposes.
- Leading the implementation of ISO 27001, as well as of ISQM1 and ISQM2 standards.